I work with children, who present difficulties in; learning, communication, emotional regulation, or social relations and/or other related issues.
- I provide a play therapy setting, a talk therapy setting or combined according to the needs and the age of the child.
- For children under the age of 16, I request to meet first with the parent(s) to hear his/her concerns about the child.
- Then, I carry out the first 3 sessions with the child as an initial evaluation, devoted to understanding the difficulties from the child’s perspective and also to see if we can work well together.
- After the assessment sessions, I will ask for a second meeting with the parent(s) to share my understanding of the child and to discuss about a possible treatment plan if applicable.
- During treatment, the session takes place once a week for 50min. For children under the age of 12, the parent(s) are also requested to meet with the counselor once a month during the child’s ongoing treatment period. In this meeting, we can discuss about the current concerns at home or at school and also monitor together the progress of the counselling I proceed with the child.